Thursday, April 30, 2009

Snowshoeing and 4-Wheeling in March

The second weekend in March we headed out to Monarch for a Family Day of trying out snowshoeing. I had thought we should try something different than just sledding and had a hard time finding any cross-country skis so we opted for snowshoeing. We drove to Monarch and saw that there wasn't much snow there so we kept heading up King's Hill. We ended up nearly at Neihart before we found enough snow to do some sledding and snowshoeing. Surprisingly we all enjoyed snowshoeing, except Rylee who slept from the time we left Great Falls to the time we drove back into Great Falls. She even slept through the snack break we took at the Cub's Den on the way back into town.





We took some time out from snowshoeing to build a snowman.




The third weekend in March Jeremy and I went up on Saturday and spent the day in Hughesville, just the two of us. We don't seem to take a lot of time for just the two of us very often and when we plan something I hate to think of leaving the girls, but when we are together I realize how much I enjoy "our time" and how much we need it occasionally. We spent the day riding up past the Hughesville mine, which is a place we haven't explored in the past. It was a nice day with new scenery and lots of talk time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've definitely got the hang of blogging! I'm so glad I get to see so many pictures of your beautiful family. I feel like I know you so much better!

    ReplyDelete