Sunday, November 8, 2009

October Husband Day

So a few months back I posted that I was going to make a once a month commitment to "husband day" so that I spend some quality time with Jeremy who has my undivided attention rather than the back of my head. The back of my head is what Jeremy tells me he sees the most of during a conversation since I am busy cleaning or folding laundry when he is trying to talk and so I vowed that I would, at least once a month, give him an afternoon or evening of the front of my head rather than the back. We are going on more than one month since I vowed that commitment. I think we went to the grocery store one day in September by ourselves but I don't think that counts as a "date."

We headed to Hughesville for a 4-wheeler ride on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in October. It was nice to get away and enjoy the beautiful fall scenery. We are able to ride past the old Hughesville mine a few miles. Our last attempt for the same ride had too much snow and we weren't able to get much past the mine. Today there was snow, but not enough to slow down the 700!



Hughesville Mine



The only wildlife we saw on our ride other than some chipmunks

No comments:

Post a Comment