Sunday, November 8, 2009

Philly

Halloween morning I very grudgingly boarded a plane to Philadelphia for a school conference. As I boarded the plane all I could think about was that I would rather be at home going trick-or-treating with my kids instead of learning about implementing academies at school. The trip didn't start off real fantastically either as we were stuck in the Minneapolis airport for 3 extra hours. However, the trip really picked up once I stopped feeling sorry for myself.

The history in Philadelphia is amazing. I would love to go back and spend several days being able to see more than we did. We were also in Philly during the World Series when the Phillies were hosting the Yankees. The atmosphere was electric and we loved heading to the local pubs to take in the game with the locals (funny that the first night we were in town we ate at the Hard Rock and apparently found the only bar in Philadelphia filled with Yankee fans!!) Even the conference was informational and made me excited about coming back and starting a Medical Science Academy.

Town hall...beautiful historic building still used today

One of the free tours we took in the morning was to the art museum where Rocky was filmed running up the stairs.



The view from top of the stairs at the museum

This is as close as we got the World Series...the blimp headed to the fields. We were walking to a seafood restaurant when it passed over our heads as we were wishing we could afford a $700 standing room only ticket.


No comments:

Post a Comment