Saturday, April 23, 2011

Abbie is already 6

Interview of Abbie Turning 6 (I recorded all of Abbie's answers on a video camera but the total interview was over 5 minutes and so when I tried to upload it here on the blog it wouldn't so instead I just decided to type the answers)

I asked Abbie some questions about current favorites and about turning 6 years old. I asked her the same questions twice, one for each video camera, and each set of answers were slightly different. Therefore, I asked the questions a few more times and decided to record the answer that I heard most frequently.

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Toy: Tangled Doll

Favorite Food: Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting Do you like anything healthy? Carrots and bell peppers with ranch, steamed broccolli and carrots, and salami

Favorite Drink: Chocolate Milk

Favorite Restaurant: McDonalds

Favorite Movie: Tangled

Favorite Book: Biscuit because I can read it myself

Favorite Thing to Play Right Now: Teacher

What do you want to be when you grow up? Teacher, but not of body parts like mom just teach kids

This year you did all sorts of activities such as basketball, soccer, dance, swimming, and T Ball. Of those, which was your favorite? Soccer because my mom and dad are my coaches and Tball cuz my mom says I am really good at it.

You started school this year. Who is your teacher? Miss Thunstrom

What is your favorite thing about Miss Thunstrom? She is really really nice.

Do you like school? Yes

What is your favorite part of school? Recess

Who are your best friends? Norah, Jenna, and Emily

What is your favorite thing to do with mom? Go shopping

What is your favorite thing to do with dad? Ride in the red truck. Why do you like the red truck? Because I get to sit in the front with dad because there is only one seat.

What is your favorite thing to do with Rylee? Um, not much. She's mean and pulls my hair and pinches me all the time.

What did we do for your birthday? We took ice cream to my school on my birthday. We went to El Comedor for dinner for my 2nd (family) birthday. We went swimming and to the activity center at the Peak with my friends for my 3rd birthday.

What is the best part of being six? Almost up to mom's armpit.

Abbie,

I know that I say this every year, but this year was my favorite. Watching you mature as you entered school and started to become your own person was a highlight for me. I was so worried about school and how you would do and if you would like it. I am no longer worried...I have had to keep you home from school 3 times because of sickness and fevers and you cried every time. You don't like to miss school and I hope that continues every year. Your teacher uses a color system for discipline with green being great behavior, yellow next, then red and lastly blue. One day in October you were moved to yellow because you were talking when you should have working at your desk. You were so upset. When you got home from school you refused to take off your gloves and dad finally got you to take them off revealing the yellow sticker on your hand...according to dad you were very upset. When I talked to you about it, you were so upset that I didn't need to say more to you than what you had already done to yourself. I asked you if you cried at school when you had to turn your colors and your response was, "No, I just got really hot." You have been green ever since!

Not only is your behavior very good at school, so is your academics. You are reading almost all level 1 books on your own and your spelling pre-tests on Monday score 10/10 before learning and working on the words. I am so proud of you. You love to play teacher right now and are constantly making word cards for me to practice and see if I can do them in less than 1 minute, just like your teacher. You also want to be a teacher, which makes me so proud too!

This year you continued swimming, dance and soccer but added T ball and basketball to the mix. You seemd to like them both and did very well at learning the basics. Dad and I coached spring soccer this year and you told us you loved having us as coaches...we'll see if that continues later!

You continue to be such a tenderheart and so giving to your sister. Rylee continues to pinch and hit you and still when she wants something that you have you just give it to her and let her have her way. Thank you for being such a great sister. Rylee is lucky to have someone like you who takes such good care of her. You also are a huge help around the house. You help me fold laundry, clean up toys, take care of Sissy, and put dishes in the dishwasher.

This year has been my favorite yet. It makes me so sad to see you growing up, but yet so proud of you. I love you Abbie. Thanks for being you!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment