Monday, February 21, 2011

Sledding in February

It seemed like several weeks since we had done something fun as a family so we seized some perfect winter snow of President's weekend to head out to Belt to do some sledding in the park again. Sledding was fun as usual, but this trip the girls found a giant dirt hill covered in snow and loved sliding down the hill on their butts. I was staged at the bottom of the hill to push them halfway up the hill and Jeremy was at the top of the hill and would lean over and pull them to the top to slide down all over again. I worked up such a sweat pushing and heaving everyone up to the top that I am certain I got quite a workout.

Rylee's vocabulary is really taking off lately. She now talks in enough of a sentence that you know what she is talking about, for the most part. She'll even tattle on me. She'll ask to watch a movie and I will tell her no so she will head to the bedroom and tell Jeremy, "Mom, Nemo--no." She does the same with food just in case Jeremy will let her have a snack when I won't. Snacks are a common occurrence for Rylee...she's more of a snacker than big meal eater. She's a smart cookie and uses the right words like "peese" to get her treat. Who can resist "Tootsey owl peese"..grandma and dad can't that is for sure.

Rylee likes to color more now and likes to play games. She still is mean to Abbie and doesn't share well or isn't patient with Abbie and is always yelling at her. Meanwhile, Abbie shares everything and puts up with a lot of Rylee, however there is a little more standing her ground on Abbie's part. For example, before we left for sledding while I was dressing in the bathroom Rylee was pushing the door open to hit Abbie with it continuously. Abbie eventually got fed up and pushed back which resulted in squished fingers in the door. This fighting is happening more and more as the two strong willed personalities continue to develop. This will be interesting to watch the personalities develop in the next few years. Abbie did say she "hated Rylee" a few weeks ago and we had to talk about how lucky they are to have each other and how much I wish I had a sister. Abbie got very upset that she said it and hugged Rylee multiple times the rest of the night. I am sure that will continue the rest of their lives, right???



Um, mom I sure have a lot of clothes on!

In fact, I've fallen and have too many clothes on and I can't get up. Help! Help!

I am so proud of myself and these pictures. I took a class in Missoula a few weeks ago and used all manual settings today which was hard with the snow background. I realize they are not perfect but still am happy with the outcome as I taught myself about metering out with the white background.






No comments:

Post a Comment